Followers

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Swimwear, shirts, size 14, Oh My!

TJ and I start our gym membership on Tuesday.  The poor kid has three classes on Monday, one being at 8 am, so I thought perhaps Mondays would not be a good day!   So our gym days will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.   If he wants too, Saturdays are also a family swim day and he can go swim after he works out.  I was going to go three days in a row but Dad said he should have a day to recover his muscles and the gym instructions say something about that too.  Surprisingly, I am kind of looking forward to working out, we'll see how long that lasts!     LOL   I have started wearing my size 14's and other than the shorts with an elastic waistband, they fit pretty well.   The shorts still feel a bit tight to me.  I don't know if that is from being too used to wearing loose clothes or because they really are.   I found some tops online and will post pics of them in a minute.  I wasn't looking forward to picking out or trying on a new swimsuit, so I was thrilled I found one that I don't think needs trying on and looks like something I would actually wear! 

First, the swimsuit, its cute, its not too revealing and it looks like me









I have gotten very fond of these type shirts and was lucky enough to have a great coupon   :)






I'll have a longer post another time, I just wanted to share my excitement.  I usually don't care what I look like, so this-being happy about clothes thing-is taking some getting used to!

8 comments:

  1. I love shirts like that as well! As for the bathing suit looking like you.....um.....I don't think it does. You aren't navy blue :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always read your blog, but am a lurker...I lurk on MWOP and here =)

    Where is that swimsuit from? It looks like something I would like too!

    Congrats on the weight loss. You have really stuck with it! Very impressive. Also, your love for your son and family is so evident. You are a breath of fresh air on the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a dunce! I forgot totally to give a link. LOL They are all from Woman Within. Next time I post something like this, I will give a link. LOL

      Delete
  3. Is the first shirt from there as well? So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, all from Woman Within. Its a plus size store but they start at 14 so I can still buy things from them. :)

      Delete
  4. Shellie, Have you ordered from WW before? I ask because I have, and I find their stuff runs big. If you are in a 14 now, you may find that their size 14 is too large for you. I hope your new clothes work for you! Post pics when you get a chance! :) Oh, and CONGRATULATIONS on reaching a milestone! I've lost 70 lbs over the past 9 months, and getting back into "not plus-size" clothes was the best feeling!
    Your MWOP friend: DoesThisTailgateMakeMeLookFat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. LOL Well, hopefully they fit, I HATE returning things by mail!

      Delete
  5. I love the third shirt from the top. Great job Shellie! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete