Followers

Monday, July 16, 2012

Promised Picture Post

Yay for alliteration!   I know, I haven't blogged for a few days but I have been busy!  Last Tuesday it was over 100 in Hemet and our living room A/C wasn't keeping up.  My Mom was sick from the heat, the bunnies were in danger of roasting in their cages, even the pup pups were pretty limp.   I was over at the house with my aunt and finally getting ready to paint Mom's bathroom.  We hadn't gotten there yet when Mom called on my aunt's cell and she finally had given in.  She wanted over at the house.  So we zoomed over there and turned on the A/C to 76.  It was so wonderful to see it reach that temperature and actually FEEL it.  I will blog more later about our move and various problems we had but here is what you have been waiting for!   The magazine cover quality pics will come when we are settled and everything is put away.  :)

TJ on his computer!
Messy,  but my parent's dresser
My parent's nightstands/bed
TJ's bedding and Peanut's ottoman-LOL
My bedding on my BED!!
Beautiful sewing box someone gave me, finally out of my closet where it can be seen
My dresser with clothes in it-LOL
Bunny cages and VERY happy bunnies!
TJ playing video games in the school room with bun cages in the background
We have a fridge again!
Messy, but our counter top, in use.  Glimpse of fridge and microwave.
Dad, Mom, Aunt Janice and Snowy in the family room
Sectional in the family room-yick, cigarette stuff on the cushion

14 comments:

  1. Skirts from That Other BlogJuly 17, 2012 at 1:17 PM

    Oh I'm so happy for you guys! Look at all those windows. I especially like the big ones over the kitchen sink. All the rooms look so spacious. Just a matter of putting everything in its place now. Hope the hardest of the work is behind you. Thanks for showing us pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rooms are pretty big. Surprisingly, mine is actually smaller than the one I had at the mobile but it still works. And almost three weeks later I am STILL putting everything in its place. LOL

      Delete
  2. Hey Shellie,

    You probably already know this, but you can freeze bottles of water and put them in the bun cage to keep them cool when it's super hot. Some of them also like to lie on big cool tiles if you can find some cheap ones at Home Depot or whatever.

    Hope it's cooler down there now. Your house looks great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we used to do that in the summer because the A/C didn't work well enough. We would put them in a sock to keep the water sopped up. The bun buns would would toss them around by the sock top, like a new toy. Its great over here, cool all the time for them. TJ talks to them constantly, they love being in his school room.

      Delete
  3. Your promised picture post perfectly, proudly promotes....eh....to hell with it. Alliteration sucks. I am loving the furniture and the house! I can't wait until you guys get settled and unpacked. Tell everyone I said hello!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told everyone you said hello ages ago, even though this response is WAY late! And don't worry, alliterative comments weren't required. :D

      Delete
  4. love the floors and everything else but most of all seeing your family in their new home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We finally feel like we are home! For a bit it was like we were just visiting. We always felt like it was a home but too good to be true, you know what I mean? And I love the floors too, I just don't like the extra dust bunnies!

      Delete
  5. Your place looks great. All of your hard work has paid off

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! We still have some work to go but we are here and enjoying it.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on the move and finally being HOME! Your family can now relax and enjoy the rest of the summer. Everything looks great, the floors, the paint. You have a lot to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I still have some work to do but now that we are here its hard to get the motivation. LOL

      Delete
  7. Everything looks great!! Hope the rat problem is gone soon! Thanks for sharing pics! I'm just amazed at how hard you have all worked to get to this point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, don't remind me! I can't believe we worked on it for like three months. We had one last rat but after scaring Dad, he or she hightailed it back to where it came from. No rat sightings in almost two weeks.

      Delete