Followers

Monday, June 25, 2012

Random Stuff About Me

SNORT did this over on her blog and I thought it might be fun.  I'll try to make it new stuff since I am not very secretive anyway.

I like to read Harry Potter fanfiction and like stories where Snape is a mentor/father/father figure to Harry.  Yes, I know I am weird.

Some of my favorite authors are Patricia Cornwall, Johnathon Kellerman and Iris Johanson.  I also like True Crime stories, Ann Rice, funny romance books, and the Readers Digest.  There are more but this is short things about me, not my life story!

As well as crochet, I like to cross stitch and love helping my son with his projects. 

I make memory angels for lost babies/children and am ashamed I haven't made any in about four years.  I hope to get back to that after we move.

I was admitted to the Kansas Institute with a nervous breakdown at 17 years old but still graduated high school a member of The National Honor Society.

I have been married twice-one was gay and one is manic depressive.  Some people with bipolar can be married and are okay but my husband can't handle relationships.  I did not know my husband was gay. 

I am still married even though my husband lives in Missouri and I left with TJ over 14 years ago.  He was in the mental hospital and I was unable to serve him the papers.  By the time he got out, the papers were no good and I just have never done it again. 

l don't date anyone and don't ever plan to.

I read sick children blogs and add them to my angel list as I lose them.  Unfortunately, that list has grown faster than the blogs I read list.  I count my blessings every day that my son is healthy.

I stole my son's dog.  That one requires an explanation.  Snowy chewed on TJ's fingers and generally annoyed him when he picked him out at the breeder.  We usually adopt from a shelter but he wanted to raise a puppy and for once, the shelter didn't have any chihuahuas.  Anyway, for the first few months he was T's pup.  Then he got neutered.  I took care of him and he changed his loyalties to me. Don't worry, TJ still has a pup.  Mom's dog gravitated toward him after that and now she is pretty much his dog.  They are both spoiled rotten.

I am 37 years old and still waiting to feel it.  Some days I feel older and some days I feel younger but I have yet to feel 37.    

I have lived in Kansas City, Missouri; Grandview, Missouri; Springfield, Missouri; Lake Forest, California; and Hemet, California.

I LOVE hot fudge sundaes.  They are definitely my weakness.  One of my weight problems was way too many hot fudge brownie sundaes.

I have had two jobs in my lifetime.  I worked at two different day care centers and lasted about two days as a telemarketer.  The day I called during a viewing and my boss told me to call them back at a better time was my last day.

I would really love to have more children but know I can only handle what I have.  Some days that is really hard to deal with.

Last, I wish I had tried to breastfeed TJ.  I know he's happy and healthy but I was producing milk until he was a year old.  I just wouldn't stop!  I was too nervous and I did what was right for me at that time but I still wish I had tried.

Anything else anyone is curious about?  I'll update on the house next time.

6 comments:

  1. I like this idea! Mind if I do it too? I'll credit you and SNORT both.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL You can do this if you want, I don't think SNORT came up with it either. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I love Johnathan Kellerman and his wife Faye's books. They're the only books I pay money for (the others I get at the library). I also have a subscrition to Readers Digest. I'm a lot older than you and felt alot older than my real age--pooey! I enjoy reading your blog.
    ja

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved learning a little bit more about you! Don't beat yourself up about not breastfeeding. I tried with both and had problems. My ex-husband, who was verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive is married now to the woman he cheated on me with. Last I heard he flips burgers at a Ruby Tuesdays and she works at a church daycare. I do not care for the Harry Potter and fantasy type genres. I love factual stuff like biographies and the Uncle John's Bathroom Reader series. I love chihuahuas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Shellie! I'm a MWOP-er, and I don't comment much, but wanted to say hi! I enjoy reading your blog, so don't ever let any naysayers keep you from posting!

    I used to read a lot, but haven't read a book in years- your post has inspired me to pick up the novel my MIL gave me for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sons's dog has taken to me too and I now consider her my dog at which point my son will say "whose dog is she?" And I will say she is yours but even you know she likes me. lol I am the one to feed her and walk her etc and she sleeps next to my legs every night and follows me everywhere! I can't help it..she likes me! lol My son is 11 now but was 6 when we got the dog..too young to totally take care of it. The dog is a dachshund.

    I use to crochet and cross stitch years ago..and latch hook rug. I have been reading Heaven is for Real and The boy who went to Heaven and things like that for awhile now. I just turned 50 and my mom died when she was 55, so I have to start getting healthy myself with diet and exercise. My last 3 houses..we seem to move in ..fix up ..and then move...not because we are house flippers but because of other reasons..but I love the house updates. I've responded way too much!!!

    Ellen...(mwop)

    ReplyDelete