Followers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Furniture, TJ and Cold Showers

I promised SNORT I would post pics of the furniture my aunt has bought the next post.  We are so lucky to have her.  I really appreciate all she has done for us.  She put the down payment on the house as well.  She got TJ a full size mattress, box spring and frame; and my parents a king size mattress, box spring and frame.  Now TJ should have room for him and all of Peanut's babies.          lol 

She got me this neat dresser because she didn't buy me a bed (I don't need one).  I sure wasn't expecting it!  I love Victorian type stuff and this really fits the bill.  She bought me a headboard at the thrift store too but I'll have to take a pic of it.  Its real maple and and is curvy with carved posts.  We are going to sand it and stain it the same stain as this chest thing.



If you remember, this is my comforter.  Very girly.  I haven't had a girly room since I was a teen.  This not my room and I didn't get the curtain because we have nice mini blinds.

Here is our living room set she got.   She purchased the ottoman and the recliner as well.  This should look really nice in that Tropical Surf blue room, I'll post another pic.



We are going to look at some of the other used furniture stores for dressers for Mom, Dad and TJ.  We don't want pressed wood and real wood is NOT cheap!  It should be fun.  I have to run to keep up with my aunt.      LOL

I have to give a big shout out to TJ.  He finished the last of his assignments for the year today and even though his last day of school is Friday, he is done.  I wanted to post a couple of comments from his teachers that I have been getting. 



"TJ, I just have to say....I love how concerned you are that you aren't doing an assignment correctly and then when you turn it in, you hit the ball out of the park! Great interview! Keep up this momentum next year! Nothing will stop you!"


"I'm so happy that he's done so well-he really is a pleasure to teach :)"


"That's fine-I'm glad that he's able to do that-he's my perfect student! If I only had more like him :)"


"TJ, Thank you so very much for being a model student and presenting your cumulative assessment early! You set a very high standard for the others to follow...nice work! :)"


"I know. I keep track of his grades. The teachers always talk about how great he is in the 8th grade team meetings. You should both be very proud. I am a little jealous that I don't get to teach him. ha ha. Maybe next year."


"There is no doubt in my mind that your son is a total rock star :)"

Needless to say, I am way proud of how far he has come in two years.  With the painting on the house, he is 95% on his own and his grades dropped less than 5%.  He'll be 14 tomorrow and I'm glad Aspie's grow up slow, he'll be around for awhile yet to come.        :)

Now on the subject of cold showers.  I am sure you guys are getting ready for some juicy information on my part that would explain that statement.  I am afraid its not a sordid story.  No water heater means cold showers.  They are quite invigorating by the way, but getting your front and back wet is the really hard part!  I actually washed my hair yesterday and it wasn't too bad.  Its about like jumping into the pool so you don't have time to be shocked at the water.  TJ showered down at the clubhouse but was too lazy to walk down there today.  So, he decided to brave the shower today.  Now, you would think with three woman that ONE of us would have yelled at the water.  Nope, the first yell came from TJ this evening.  It was actually a pretty good yell, I was impressed.   

I have NO clue when we are moving but we got to open the house up today.  We didn't find multiple dead bodies laying around, we were really glad about that.  I mean animal or bugs of course, not people!  Dad was glad to be able to touch his tools again.  My aunt and Dad are going early tomorrow to meet the gas person so we can get the pilots all lit.  We wanted to wait for that until after the bug bombing, just in case it reacted badly with the pilots.  Anyway, that's all for now.  Mom will be happy I blogged so she can read it.          LOL       

Oh, one more thing.  I am really irritated with TJ's Dad.  He told T that he should get his birthday card around the first of July.  Yeah, he really got on the ball with this birthday.  I used to be able to depend on him if I really needed something.  He isn't around and doesn't pay support but I could count on him if I really needed to.  This is the first year he's let me down.  TJ didn't even call him for Father's Day.  I am not going to make him.  I was going to give his grandmother this blog address but then I won't be able to vent about her son when I need to.  Maybe I should create a blog for TJ, I'll think about that. 

6 comments:

  1. I love your comforter and dresser! That is awesome that your aunt put the down payment on the house and bought the furniture!

    You must be so proud that TJ's teachers had those wonderful things to say about him! I'd be grinning from ear to ear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was grinning from ear to ear! My aunt has been a lot of help.

      Delete
  2. Skirts from That Other BlogJune 19, 2012 at 9:15 PM

    The furniture all looks great and I can't wait until you show us pics of everything in it's place! You must be so excited. Looks like the ceiling is white-washed? I like that! How does TJ react to those super nice comments by his teachers? Has to give him a boost. You must feel good about him doing so well while you were busy with the house. (Waving "HI" to MommaMeda!) Oh, and cold showers are NOT cool in my book. Brrrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they are very cool, you might even say COLD. LOL Yep, the ceiling is white washed, it looks really nice since we painted the beams a clean white. T is kinda noncommittal about the comments but you can tell they make him feel good.

      Delete
  3. The house is going to look wonderful when it is done. Keep up the good work. It won't be long now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its getting there, Dad has my aunt's room almost done.

      Delete