Followers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Mothra

Everyone who knows me well knows that I hate things that fly.  I mean, really hate them.  Okay, I don't hate them, I am terrified of them.  I have no clue why, but who ever said fear was logical.  It might have something to do with my (lack) of depth perception.  One of my biggest fears is moths.  Again, no clue why.  This is the story of the bravest moth I ever met.

It all started last night with a tickling on my neck.  Now I am growing out my hair for Locks of Love and its nearly to the top of my underwear so I get irritated by it quite often.  However, after readjusting my hair, I STILL felt something there.  I finally figure out its a moth and do my usual freak out then calm down.  Fast forward to a little later in the evening and now my chest is tickling.  Uh... my hair isn't down my nightgown.  I pull up the neck and the moth is on my breast!  I just about strip down in the living room, not even caring where Dad is. 

Finally, I calm back down and things seem fine.  I have no clue where mothra is but it seems to be gone.  I get ready for bed and have one last bathroom run.  I see a piece of fluff in my underwear and reach to pick it out.  It moves!!!             OMG, the moth is IN my underwear and has been for who knows how long.  I yanked them off and turn them every which way I can.  Then have yet another freak out because its been in my underwear all this time and I didn't know.  I took off my nightgown and shook it out vigorously, turning it inside out as well.   At this point, I am not sure if I am more sorry for myself or the moth. 

Its now the next day and I am still a bit paranoid about it. 

4 comments:

  1. OMFG, I can't stop laughing. I'm just making this wheezing sound!!! You poor girl being attacked by moths in your underwear and on your boobs. I. am. dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same fear of spiders. A few years ago when my son was a baby, he was sleeping in his bouncer and I was walking past it when I felt something scratch the inside of my shirt. I rubbed at it, it scratched again, I pulled my shirt away from my side and a spider fell out. Because the baby was sleeping, I couldn't scream; I just flailed around silently for a few minutes, then lay down and pretty much died on the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fear is June Bugs. We have lights that come on out side the house when it gets dark and these Bugs are always by the door buzzin around the lights. If I need to go out side after dark I wear a WalMart plastic shopping bag over my head. I am so afraid the June Bugs are going to get in my hair. I am getting goose bumps just thinking about it! ~~~~Marley ♥

    ReplyDelete